Best Lancashire Blend is a black tea blend inspired by the novel Truestory written by the award winning novelist and short story writer, Catherine Simpson. Truestory tells the tale of Alice and her struggles to raise her son Sam, who has Asperger's, on an isolated Lancashire farm. As would be on most Lancashire farms, drinking tea is an integral part of the day and Jenier World of Teas had the pleasure to develop a blend for the launch of Truestory, a blend that would reflect the strength of character displayed by Alice, the brighter moments of hope and laughter and of course a blend you would typically enjoy sitting around a farm table in the heart of Lancashire.
So how did we create a Truestory Best Lancashire blend? Well as it's name suggests, this blend uses premium single estate teas from Assam and Sri Lanka and following the theme from the novel, to reflect hope, we added blue cornflower petals and for laughter, safflower petals. The result is a delicious, lively malty blend with a strong character that tastes good with or without milk and of course is great with a slice of lemon too. We're pleased to say that both Catherine and guests at the launch of Truestory were delighted with the blend and report it makes a fantastic tea to enjoy anytime, but particularly when reading an inspiring novel like Truestory around a farm table!
- INGREDIENTS:-Luxury black tea, cornflower petals, safflower petals.
- ORIGIN:-Assam,India, SriLanka
- CAFFEINE:-Approx between 27- 35mg per cup
- LEAVES:-Orthodox Flowery Broken Orange Pekoe (FBOP),Orthodox Orange Pekoe (OP)
- AROMA:-Rich Assam malty notes with piquant ceylon character
- COLOUR:-Bright and coppery
- TASTE:-Full bodied with malty, lively flavour
- WELL BEING:-Refreshing
- FLAVOUR:-Lively Tea
- STRENGTH:-Full Bodied
- CAFFEINE CONTENT:-Moderate