Fruit Iced Tea Recipe
Our Fruit Iced Teas are zero calorie and caffeine free, before sweetening. They make a great alternative to soft drinks and are an ideal mixer for spirits. Follow our easy recipe:
Ingredients (makes 1.5 litres of Iced Tea)
- 36g of fruit tea (we sell this amount in our Ice Tea pack, inside a tea sac, but this can also be loose leaf tea that you infuse, contained in a t-sac or be the equivalent value in pyramids or tea bags). The important aspect here is for the tea to be strong. We sell our Delicious Berry blend as well as our Orange and Apple blend, both of which feature dried luxury fruit pieces.
- 1L of filtered water
- 500g of ice
- 24g (6 teaspoons) of sugar (or stevia or honey or other sweetener). The amount of sweetener you add to our fruit iced tea is entirely discretionary: if left unsweetened our fruit iced tea makes a sophisticated mixer for gin or vodka that allows the florals of the gin or the creaminess of the vodka to shine through, unlike a conventional fruit juice which would overpower the flavour with sweetness.
- Put the ice aside in a container or pitcher that can contain at least 1.5L of fluid and can withstand the hot tea without breaking. Refrigerate while brewing.
- Bring the litre of water to boil in a pot or kettle. Allow the water to come down from the boil slightly and pour it over the tea (which should be in a pot large enough for 1L of fluid). Allow the tea to brew for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags/infuser once the tea has brewed to an reddish-brown appearance.
- Remove the tea bags from the pot, remove the pot from the heat and stir in your sweetener. Allow it to stand for a minute.
- Carefully pour the brewed tea over the ice. Most of the ice will melt instantly. Refrigerate the tea further before serving