Hojicha - Roasted Green Tea is made by using a 3rd flush Bancha style leaf, Sanbancha. The process is relatively new having originally been developed in the 1920's by Japanese tea masters.
Japanese Hojicha is made by taking freshly plucked green leaves which are then steamed, dried and slowly roasted over a low heat to ensure the leaves retain their sweet taste and wonderful fresh aroma.
The resultant Hojicha has a full bodied green tea character with delicate hints of toasted cinnamon. Refreshing and delicious any time of day.
- INGREDIENTS:-Luxury Green Tea
- ORIGIN:-Japan, Kagoshima Prefecture
- CAFFEINE:-Approx 20 mg per cup is the normal range for Green tea, however the roasting process applied to Hojicha removes much of the caffeine content
- LEAVES:-Orthodox High Grade Uji - Made to Japanese Specifications
- COLOUR:-Pale Green with yellow hue
- TASTE:-Fullbodied character with sweetness and toasted cinnamon notes
- WELL BEING:-Cleansing
- WELL BEING:-Relaxing
- FLAVOUR:-Slightly Sweet
- FLAVOUR:-Toasted Cinnamon
- STRENGTH:-Full Bodied
- CAFFEINE CONTENT:-Very Low