- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (Products) listed on our website trade.jenierteas.com (Our Site) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from Our Site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.jenierteas.com is a site operated by Jenier Limited. We are registered in Scotland under company number SC359039 and our registered office is at Unit A, East Fulton, Darluith Road, Linwood, PA3 3TP. Our VAT number is 971503621. We operate from Unit A, East Fulton, Darluith Road, Linwood, PA3 3TP.
2. YOUR STATUS
By placing an order through Our Site, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You are at least 18 years old.
3. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Product has been dispatched (the Dispatch Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
4. TRADING INFORMATION
- www.jenierteas.com is a wholesale only website.
- Whilst there is no minimum order, our products are sold in bulk or by standard case volumes.
- Minimum shipping charges apply.
- Tea is a food item and as such, cannot be returned once shipped.
- Non-tea items may be returned but are subject to a re-stocking fee of 25% of the net value per item.
- To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing or e-mail. Should you wish to return any non-tea products they must be returned in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
- You will not have any right to cancel a Contract for the supply of any Product which is personalised.
- Details of this statutory right, and an explanation of how to exercise it, are provided in the Dispatch Confirmation. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
5. AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
- Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 30 days of the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- We aim to have all orders dispatched within 24 hours, stock permitting, on the condition that payment is cleared or account status agreed.
- Our normal delivery for UK customers is orders received before 2pm GMT are disptached that day by a tracked courier service to arrive with our UK customers the next working day. If an item is temporarily out of stock, we will notify you of the delay and dispatch your order as soon as the item is available.
- All UK and International orders received before 2pm GMT will be processed for same day disptach where possible.
- URGENT ORDERS: Should you place an order after 2pm GMT we will do our best to disptach that day, however if your order is urgent, please contact us by phone +44(0)1505 800 797 to advise so we can discuss your order and the options available for immediate disptach.
6. RISK AND TITLE
- The Products will be at your risk from the time of receipt of the Products at the delivery address.
- Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
7. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of any Products will be as quoted on Our Site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- These prices exclude VAT and delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- Our Site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on Our Site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on Our Site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- For non invoice account customers, payment for all Products through this website must be by credit or debit card or PayPal. We accept payment with most major credit,debit and maestro cards.
- Invoice account customers will be able to purchase through the website using the agreed store credit limit assigned to their account. This credit limit may be altered or withdrawn by us at any time and without consultation or agreement with you.
- Terms are net 30 days from date of invoice. In the event of non-payment within our contract term, we reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of 2% per month from the due date to the date of payment and in the event of the issue of legal proceedings for the recovery of any outstanding amount a collection charge of £50/£100 (£50 for a debt upto £600 and £100 over £600) is payable by you and will be added to the debt outstanding on any proceedings. If payment is overdue in whole or in part the we may, without prejudice to our other rights, decline to make further deliveries and/or cancel your orders until payment is received.
8. OUR REFUNDS POLICY
- If you receive a damaged or faulty item in your order, please contact us on +44 (0)1505 800 797 within 3 days so that we can arrange for your item to be returned and replaced. Returns must be unused and returned along with the original packaging (this does not apply to damaged or faulty items).
- Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges incurred by you for sending the item to you and returning it to us. We will process returned Products as quickly as possible and send you a refund or replacement. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- Please obtain proof of posting (free from your Post Office) when returning goods, as we cannot provide a refund or exchange if we do not receive the original goods back.
- Unfortunately we do not offer a free returns service (unless the Products are deffective in accordance with clause 8.3).
Post your item to:
9. OUR LIABILITY
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this Contract is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
- This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us, including but not limited to:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of data, or
- waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by delict (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable;
10. IMPORT DUTY
- If you order Products from Our Site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
11. WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using Our Site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- All notices given by you to us must be given to Jenier Limited at 2 Brierie Avenue, Johnstone, PA6 7BQ. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in Clause 11 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
13. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
14. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster. Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with Clause 12 above.
- If any of these terms and conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
- We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
- Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of any Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party's only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
18. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
19. LAW AND JURISDICTION
- Contracts for the purchase of Products through Our Site will be governed by Scots law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.